Tuesday, February 13, 2007

First Brown Bag Linguistics Meeting - Wed. Feb 21 @ 12pm

I am pleased to announce that the first ever (that I know of) Linguistics Brown Bag Meeting will be held next Wednesday, 21 February. They will be held every-other Wednesday in the Graduate Reading Room on the 5th floor, 12-2pm. (We don't have to use the whole 2 hours, I booked extra time in case some people have to come late or leave early -- if you would prefer that the meeting start earlier or later in that time frame, leave a comment here or email me).

As I mentioned before, these meetings are an informal opportunity for students interested in linguistics to get together and discuss a recent article. Next Wednesday we will be reading "A Functionalist Approach to Grammar and Its Evolution" by Joan Bybee (1998). You can download the PDF here.

I have already received a few suggestions for other readings. If you would like to suggest an article for future meetings, please email me at ahogue :at: sfsu :dot: edu.

Details about our brown bag lectures this semester are coming soon.

I hope to see you all there!

Alan H.

No comments: